Your participation in the community is vital to its well being. Take a moment to fill out the membership application to show your support. For becoming a member of NBDC you will receive the following:
1. Be included in the NBDC database and receive e-mails, newsletter, and other promotional material about North Beach Events and Happenings.
2. North Beach Business members will get a listing on the North Beach Website, brochures, and will be mentioned from time to time in e-blasts
3. By becoming a member, you will be helping NBDC produce events, undertake marketing campaigns, support local businesses, and create opportunities for additional residential and commercial investment.
4. NBDC is a not-for-profit 501C3 organization so all contributions are tax deductable.
– façade renovation grant program for area businesses
– website management (www.gonorthbeach.com) where information on existing businesses, neighborhoods and general interest in North Beach can be
NBDC hires additional off duty police officers to patrol the area, making North Beach a safer place.
– NBDC played a crucial role in securing that the City of Miami Beach purchase the closed Byron Carlyle Movie Theater for transformation into a cultural arts center and performing arts theater. This art center
will act as a catalyst for attracting arts groups to North Beach which will in turn advance revitalization efforts.
– Maintains working committees focused on five important components of community revitalization: 1) Capital Improvements, 2) Residential Development, 3) Marketing North Beach, 4) Arts in North Beach, and 5)Commerce and Business
– database maintenance of all North Beach businesses
– Teen Job Corps, a job program for at-risk area kids.
– Production of the annual Miami Beach Festival of the Arts which attracts 30,000 people to the North Beach area
– Marketing efforts help to increase the national awareness of North Beach and promote tourism to the area.
– Promotion of North Beach’s abundance of unique MiMo (Miami Modern) architecture.
– NBDC helped complete the North Beach Master Plan (with the help of the City of Miami Beach ’s Planning Department).
For those who represent a neighborhood, personal opinion or special interest.
Small Business Membership
For small business owners or organizations, retail stores and apartment building owners.
For larger businesses and organizations such as hotels and banks.
Major Donor Membership
Supporters who help fund NBDC Operations
on an Annual Basis
Dues, $500 – $10,000
Major/Title Program Sponsor
Funding for NBDC Projects
(Includes Major Donor Membership)
Membership in NBDC is open to all persons 18 years or older who reside, own property, own a business, or work in the North Beach area.